Friday, August 05, 2005

Time to move in to the digital age


I picked up my two rolls of film at the walmart today and the whole roll I took of Vegas at night and the inside of the luxor didn't show up!
Well 5 picks did but they suck. I'm so pissed off. Time to buy a digital camera.
The pictures on the other roll lead me to tell a humorous family story.


This is my Dad.


I've always thought my family was pretty normal. Sure we were always the loudest group at functions with my mothers side of the family.
Sure I never saw my friends parents behave this way but I figured they were the abnormal ones.
As I introduce my friends to my family it is made very clear to me that in fact my assumptions were wrong.
Case in point I brought my friend Yvonne with me to my parents house on the way to Merritt Mountain Music Festival.
Yvonne has met my parents before but I don't think she had ever fully experienced a May family gathering. Poor thing and it wasn't even the full family experience.
My Dad and I struggled through my teenage years to find some common ground but a few years ago we finally did.
Red Wine.
One liter bottles of red wine. No wimpy bottles for us. This is not civilized red wine drinking. This is a Peggie and Dad red wine drunk. We're fun drunks, loud drunks, and the more drunk we get, nonsensical drunks.
So while my friend sipped her 3 glasses of red wine in a completely civilized fashion my dad and I polished of a one liter bottle and started on another.
While my Mom took her usual place as an amused observer.

I know I've told you before Yvonne has the mouth of Samantha and the behavior and ideals of Charlotte. I'm sure she was appropriately horrified.
More when my Dad- after many hours of wine and uproarious laughter- managed to flip his chair over and put a nice sized dent in my Mom's freshly painted yellow kitchen wall with his head. I of course laughed It's hard enough to keep a straight face when someone does that and you're sober. My Mom asked if he was ok and when he said yes she said "Look what you did to my wall!"
I don't even know what Yvonne was thinking but she was way more concerned about his health than we were.

However if you look at the picture you will understand why weren't that concerned.
In the picture my Dad (after much wine) is trying to convince my sister- who's on the other end of the phone- that he is not drunk by standing on one foot and balancing there.

An accident waiting to happen?
Most definitely.
But I couldn't be more happy that this is my family.
Stuffy would never do.

No one is safe Dad....(evil laugh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home