Saturday, July 09, 2005

Vacation

I'm on vacation for three weeks!!!! whooo hooo! Tomorrow I leave bright and early for the Merritt Mountain Music Festival.
Now you should know I'm not a big country music fan. I don't own any CD's or listen to the country station on my radio but I had a blast when I went last year and felt incredibly rested when I got back. In spite of the wicked hang over and equally wicked sunburn.
A week with no TV, no radio, no telephone and no children. Can you spell relief?
My friend and I volunteer at the festival so it's not all beer and half naked cowboys...No it's not. We work while we're there. Fun work. In my day to day job I mostly tell people no. No you can't have more money, no we can't help you with that. No we don't do that anymore.
In Merritt my job is to say yes. Yes you can have 10 beer tickets, yes we take interact, Yes I can show you where the nearest bathroom is.
Yes you do have a nice set of six pack abs mister cowboy!
No I don't go for the acts or the beer or even the cowboys. I go to spend a week with my friends and relax.

The festival takes place on a working ranch. There aren't any trees and the ground is hard and dusty. Last year it didn't rain the whole week and our only shade was a small table umbrella. I burned, bad. I think that was the first burn I have ever had and boy did it hurt.

Now if you ever saw Big Fat Greek Wedding you will understand what I am about to tell you.
Replace Windex with Ozonol and her father becomes my mother.
Ozonol fixes everything. So when I showed up at my Mom and Dads for a shower on day three of Merritt last year with my wicked sunburn the Ozonol made it's appearance quite quickly.
The worst part is that I allowed myself to be slathered in the oily Ozonol. You may be thinking 'How is that bad?'
Well let me tell you.
When you are in direct sunlight all day, everyday, and you are already burnt the last thing you want to do is put an oil based substance on your skin and head back out into the unrelenting sun!!!!
This year I am an Ozonol free zone. And I will pack my sunscreen.
Love you Mom but stay away....Far away!!!

So you won't hear from me this week but I will return on Monday and hopefully have some pics to share. Maybe of six pack toting, half naked cowboys.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Six pack toting half naked cowboys? Pics please, LOL!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. You had a very bad burn when you were a teen (11 or 12)
2. It's spelled Ozonol!
3. Sooo sorry about the oil and sun combo lmbo didnt think of that but I love you too and will definately stay away with my "ozonol"!!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS I want pic's too!!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Peggie said...

K Mom I'll go back and edit!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Peggie said...

I'll do my best to oblige Jill.

"excuse me, half naked six pack toting cowboy can you pose for me?"

"Why? oh I'd like to post you on my blog so my friends and I can oggle you to our hearts content."

"Perfect now if you could tip your hat down just a bit...That's great. Oh yeah just right!"

LOL

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation, Peggie!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home