Sunday, June 19, 2005

Procrastination

I love to write, really I do. You'd never know it if you were at my house on a writing day.
Last weekend I had to clean my room and move the furniture around before I could write. By the time I was done organizing every drawer in my desk and every container in my closet I was near exhausted. I turned on my computer and ... Made business cards. Well I need them for Reno don't I?

All week I thought I could get up early in the morning and write. The snooze button on my alarm clock became second nature by Wednesday.
Saturday came and I was going to write. My chair was too uncomfortable. I needed to go get the new one I had stored at my office before I could start. And while I was out I might as well get groceries and run the errands so I won't have any distractions while I'm writing.

I came home unloaded the chair and the groceries. I put the groceries away but my kitchen was a mess so I cleaned that up. By then it was noon so I made lunch and baked cookies. Then I had to clean up that mess. Dustin needed his uniform washed for work so I did that. Then it was three o'clock. I finally came into my room, cup of coffee in hand and settled in to my new office chair. Much better I would write up a storm with this chair.
I turned on my computer entered my password and we're off!
I'd better check eharlequin first just to see what everyone is up to. 50 new messages on Struggling writers! Well I'd better read those. Four o'clock, time for `Charmed` can't miss that.
Five o'clock time to make dinner. David's making the marinade for the ribs by himself (it was very yummy) but I have to get the bbq going and prepare the potatoes and veggies. Take charcoal grill out of box and reassemble. Six o'clock the bbq is assembled and predoused charcoal has been lit. Can't remember how much to put in so followed directions on bag.
Seven o'clock ribs, potatoes and broccoli are on the grill but not cooking fast enough. I didn't put enough charcoal. Take top grill with food off the bbq add more charcoal, light it, wait for fire to go out and embers to remain. Put grill with food back on.
Eight o'clock finally eating dinner. Realize that besides cookies this is the only food I have eaten today.
Nine o'clock kitchen finally clean, leftovers in fridge and I am at my computer diet Pepsi in hand. Realize do not have manuscript template on this computer spend rest of the night figuring out how to set template on stupid Works. Check in on struggling writers, they have started a page race. Sounds like a good idea. Eleven o'clock go to bed.
Can I avoid or what!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peggie, yes, you need business cards for Reno! I'm glad to hear you'll be there! I hope we get a chance to say hi!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Peggie said...

We will definately say Hi. I will see you in line at the book signing for sure. I'm very excited to read The Beast Within!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home