Sunday, August 07, 2005

Lovely Sundays


When I was a child Sunday was the worst day of the week. It was slow and boring. There was nothing on TV, the mall was closed and 1/2 my friends were at church. Sundays were the day when time stood excruciatingly still.
Now I love Sundays. Sunday is the day when I do nothing. I patter around my house shovelling up after the teenagers...if I want to..., watch TV... if I want to,...read a book...if I want to. I love Sunday.
Sunday has changed, there are so many ways to fill it now that one could be busy seven days a week. I choose not to fill my Sundays now. Today I think I'll write a little and read a little and tell my kids to do their own freakin laundry. Yup that's what I'll do today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pic!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Peggie said...

Thanks

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sunday's now too! Though I loved them as a kid too. Big breakfast, church, then a big mid day meal lots of times. Then I'd sit around and read... Sigh.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home