Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The past is.....

I've realized why I love the lead singer in Nickelback.
He reminds me of a boyfriend I had when I was sixteen...And nineteen and several times between twenty and twenty-three.
Scott Coltman.
I'm not sure who loved him more, me or my mom, but love him we did. I 'm sure my mom thinks of him as the man I should have married. And maybe I should have but some how I don't think reality would have lived up to the memories.
They say you never forget your first love. I guess he was mine. He is the only man I have ever dated that I can remember what he was wearing the first time I saw him. That was over twenty years ago. Maybe I remember because his tight black t-shirt emphasized his huge muscles. And to me they were huge. He was tall and blond and muscle bound. And he was dangerous with his long blond hair and tight jeans. Tall boys my age were not muscle bound. They did not have broad shoulders, they were not dangerous. I had known them all my life. The this stranger walks into the room and I am lost.
Last I heard Scott was getting married. A sad day even though we hadn't seen each other in at least 10 years. I hope he's happy and I hope he is still gorgeous and not bald. I hope he still looks like the lead singer in Nickelback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home