Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Weekend movies



I rented 'Must Love Dogs' this weekend. I have been looking forward to that movie for ages. I love John Cusack and with the exception of Serendipity have loved every movie he's ever been involved with.
I love Diane Lane (not the same way I love John Cusack) and loved under the Tuscan sun....Loved, loved, loved it.
It stands to reason I would LOVE this new movie as well.

It Sucked! I mean sucked.
We've seen Lane as a gun shy divorcee. We've seen Cusack as a sensitive artist. And we've seen it done much better than this.
I hated Lane's character and her family who during gatherings want to set her up with her first cousin and stick pictures of their eligible friends on her fridge. Come on! I think the days where the " my friend\sister\buddy\ mother \ dog, put my profile on a dating site with out my knowledge." story line was fresh and interesting. We hardly saw Cusacks character and when we did I was brought back to the days of Lloyd Dobbler. I love Lloyd Dobbler but the fast talking confusion doesn't work when we don't see a glimpse of character depth.

I was so disappointed in this movie. It makes me wonder what these two actors were thinking when they took these parts.

I need an indoor pool perhaps??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about something new for a change

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home