Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Life is a project

Today was the first day of a three day project management course I am taking through work. The homework looked daunting, so daunting in fact that I thought I was in over my head.
I planned to spend last weekend doing my daunting homework but instead spent it in my jammy's relaxing and napping. A rather boring weekend but a nice one. So yesterday morning I set about doing the homework that was due at noon. My Mom will laugh at this as I always do my homework this way. Last minute and in a panic. Worried that I am not getting it right and not really leaving myself enough time to make sure I'm doing it right. And as always I ended up doing it exactly right and it wasn't really that hard.
The homework was choose a project you are wanting to initiate, have already initiated or one you have worked on in the past. Identify the project and do a one page summary answering the following questions.
What is the current situation?
What are the desired outcomes?
How will you reach the desired outcomes?
That combined with the project management website we were to be come familiar with felt so out of my realm. Until i sat down to do it. It was easy and it was clear and it helped me to put the project into perspective. I loved it.
Today I realized I could apply that to my life as a whole and break it down into mini projects.

What is my current life situation? (The current realities)
What does my desired life look like? (What do I want)
How will I move from this reality to what i want? (The plan)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home