Tuesday, September 20, 2005

More observations

I've always been fascinated by human behavior in relationships.
Who is attracted to whom and under what circumstances.
What kinds of things affect a relationship positively or negatively.
How do outside factors play into the relationship and how do people react as a couple and as individuals.
What combinations work together and under what circumstances.
I see so many variables and so many outcomes when I look at personalities and combine them in my mind.
Some of this comes from personal experience. I've always been attracted to people who are different than me. I want to know what drives them. What are the thoughts and feelings that direct them and form their opinions of the world. I have a tenancy to draw information out of them about their past and the people who have come in and out of it. Those stories speak volumes.
Part of it comes from observation. I watch people closely and particularly like to observe them react to varying degrees of stress. I know that what comes out of someone's mouth isn't necessarily the truth. A persons actions always speak in volumes much higher than the voice can achieve.
Over time I've developed a clear understanding of most people. I have the ability to understand why they behave the way they do. The good , the bad and the ugly. I think that's what makes me successful in my work but I also think it will make me successful in my writing. If I can relay to you -clearly-the actions of a character and the why behind the actions. If I can give you a view of someone different than yourself and show you how ultimately they aren't that different, you the reader will come to love them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home