Tuesday, November 22, 2005

As the holidays draw near

My Christmas spirit has been low the last few years. So much work and so little time, not to mention space for visiting family members. This year, instead of running around at the last minute frantically cleaning the forgotten corners of my house, we will drive to my parents house seven hours away. Through snow covered mountains and treacherous icy roads.

I feel much better about the threat of avalanche than I do about the avalanche that will occur in my hallway if any well meaning family member opens that closet by mistake.

This year I will not fear that all of my hidden clutter will be revealed. This year I do not have to take two days off work just to get ready for chrismas vacation. This year I do not have to spend hundreds of dollars in guilt and bribery presents for my children. Who had to endure my raving lunatic behavior and high pitched screams of "who's fingerprint is on this table? Didn't I tell you not to touch anything? I'm pretty sure I did! You had better get this fingerprint off the table!"

This year I will be at my moms. None of my skeletons hide in her closets. None of my children huddling in corners carefully not touching anything. All we have to do is get through the car ride with out being killed by an avalanche, or each other.
I feel the spirit coming through. Bring on the cocoa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home