Thursday, November 10, 2005

Remiss

I got a note today from my most loyal reader and I'm ashamed to say I've let her down. I've ignored my blog completely for weeks. Only posting when the guilt is too much.
The sad part is...Sometimes life just isn't that funny.
I find that my writing, like my face shows what I am thinking or feeling quite openly. I want my blog to be entertaining, funny and occasionally controversial but I don't want it to be depressing and emotional. That my friend is no fun!
So I neglect.
From this point on I will post something even if it's just a quiz so I can know I am making morning coffee entertaining..Thought provoking and light!
Today I contemplate fall.
In this area fall is beautiful. The leaves on the trees turn bright orange, red and yellow. The days are cool and crisp or wet and dark.
The year I moved here I earned the name of "Mom the Lurker" It was October and I was quite taken with this small town and all it's beauty. In the evenings I would walk my dog past gorgeous heritage houses with their big front porches and huge high glass windows. The color of the leaves on the sidewalk often overshadowed by the brightly painted homes in purple and Burgundy and green. I liked to walk at night because I liked to see inside these monstrous beauties.
Who were the people inside them. How did they paint their walls and decorate their living rooms. Were they true to the nature of the home that sheltered them or had they modernized and steam lined the innards of our history?
Sometimes my children, who were still almost young enough to like me, would come along and I would point out the hard wood floors and cheery wall colors inside the homes as we passed. Thus earning me the name "lurker".

I miss the awe I felt at my surroundings, knowing what I know now. Days of rain and months of winter where the sun forgets about us and we mourn the light days of spring and summer.
I think tonight my dog and I will walk. A nice warm thermal cup of hot chocolate in hand we will reclaim our lurker status and kick up some leaves. Appreciate the beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home