Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Coffee droppings


We are crazy humans.
I was playing around on the internet today and ran across an article that made me laugh out loud.
Apparently there are those among us who would pay 175.00 for a pound of coffee that was picked from the excrement of a small mammal. (A Civet from Indonesia)
Yes people, when we say this coffee tastes like shit there may be a good reason for it.
I for one would like to know who's idea it was to pick coffee beans out of crap and roast them? What exactly was the thought process behind that action?
Was there a coffee bean drought? Were these people so desperate for a cup of Joe that they were willing to pick the beans out of this animals crap?
We may never know the answer to those questions.
What I do know is New Yorkers are spending a pretty penny on this stuff.
I'd like to know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home