Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm back!

Ooh I've been gone a long time! A writing hiatus which I am happy to say I am over. Well I'm forcing myself to be over it. I don't have a lot of patience for these things. Happy New year everyone. 2006!
I recall being in elementary school and working out how old we would be, as a class, in the year 2000. I was going to be so old! So old that I may not even have the energy to enjoy making it to the new millennium. I was sad that I had too be so old when that party came around....Now here we are, over half way through the first decade of the new millennium. By the year 2010 my oldest son will be 22 my youngest 18. I will be 42 years old. Not so old. If course when I was twelve I wouldn't have thought that but now...Not so old.
The years fly by. One after another until you wonder what happened? Where did your life go. I think that comes from looking ahead too much. So worried about what comes next that we don't know what's happening right now. I think my New year resolution will be to live today. Who knows what happens next and no matter how much you worry. It will be what it will be.
So here's to the new year may we all notice every moment.

Cheers my friends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home