Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Yoga curse

I have a crick in my neck. I blame it on the yoga. I've been cursed because I opened my eyes during nap time and looked at the clock to see if we were almost done. I can't get into the 'zone in a room full of people. What if I fall asleep? What if I snore?
I think the crick might be guilt because I can't relax from the shoulders up. I can't. I tried. Really I did.
I know our Yoga teacher was talking to me the 20 some odd times she told us to relax our jaws. I couldn't. I told my jaw to relax. I tried consciously tightening and releasing my jaw. Within two seconds it was tight again. This morning I woke up to find that I am unable to lean my head towards my left shoulder, or turn my head to my left. This of course impeded my ability to drive safely today and caused me to make sudden moaning and yelping noises at the most inopportune times. Like at the gas station counter or running on the treadmill next to a very cute guy who, I'm sure, thought I was trying to lure him into my lair with sex noises.
When it comes down to it I'd rather snore in Yoga class.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a yoga class once. I think I'm too impatient for yoga, LOL.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Peggie said...

I am too but I do need to learn to relax. I think kick boxing may be more my style.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home