Sunday, September 25, 2005

I'll start Monday

I'm not a planner. This comes as no surprise to those who know me. I do recognize that in order to get things accomplished one must plan a little. Planning is hard for me.
I take that back I can plan like no ones business, It's sticking to the plan that's the problem.
I'm not good with schedules. I'm also not good with out them. If someone could force me to keep to a schedule that would be best but I'm a grown up now so that's not going to happen.
So I experiment with my time to see what works best to accomplish a goal. Unfortunately I also play the I'll start Monday game.
The I'll start Monday game is the downfall of all diet and exercise programs. It can also be the downfall of schedules.
I can fall off of any diet with a the smallest of temptations. A particularly evil child disguised as an angel selling chocolate covered almonds was my down fall last week. After consuming the whole box of almonds I told myself I might as well have McDonald's for lunch since I'd screwed up the week already with the almonds. I don't even like McDonald's. That's ok though cause I'll start again on Monday. And since I'm starting on Monday I may as well throw caution to the wind and eat what ever type of junk food I want, up until Monday.
A new week begins, I have fruit and veggies in the fridge. Chicken breasts in the freezer and I am set to begin. Monday goes well, Maybe Tuesday goes well and even Wednesday but at some point during the week I become weak and blow it again.
The problem with the I'll start Monday game is that a woman can put on twenty extra pounds in anticipation for all the Mondays. So I will need to stick to a plan. I will need to follow my work out schedule. Have enough forethought to pack my lunch and snacks and set a time to write everyday that does not include surfing the net or blogging. It's a very difficult thing for me to do this but starting Monday that is the plan!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND THE WEEK STARTED GREAT .. GYM AT 6;30AM AND TOMMOROW AT 5:30AM ...(OUCH) BUTT IT IS ALL UP FROM HERE... WE ROCK.....GIRLFRIEND...

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home