Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Road trips and teens

Dustin and I recently took a 7 hour road trip to my mom's for Christmas. Just Dustin and I.
I think that may be the first trip in 13 years that we've taken alone. He talked the whole time. We talked the whole time. It was wonderful. At 17 he's beginning to come out of the hormonal angst years. It was nice to see him back. We talked about his brother, his job, his life and we spent a long time talking about how people change over the years.
At one point I was telling him how in my late teens and early 20's most of my thoughtful time was spent analyzing my relationships. I told him how my girlfriends and I would spend hours talking about boys. What they said, what they thought, and what we thought what they said meant. He became quite animated at that point telling me how he hates that. He wondered why girls did that. Didn't they know that what he says is exactly what he means? Simple as that. I wish I'd known that when I was 17....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home