Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Clarification

I realize after much thought that I should clarify my position in the last post. I do not like the covers and titles on most category romance. I do find myself embarrassed to read them in public and I do care about what people think of me and my intellect. I've worked hard to establish myself in the business I am in and I believe I have gained respect in my circle of peers. Forgive me if it is shallow but I don't want to lose one ounce of that respect.
However I do not think the titles and covers of these books accurately reflect what's inside. I enjoy many of my Special Edition reads they are extremely entertaining and for the most part well written. If I like an author I will buy more (on line). I might hesitate to recommend a category romance to one of my peers and that is a sad but true fact. Shallow and I know it but am I the only one? Probably not.
So again let me say that in my post I disagree with the wrapping but not the contents. The author of 'the sheik' did a fine job, her execution is good, her story entertaining.
It's too bad the title and cover don't reflect accurately her talent.
And that is my beef.

Please feel free to comment, I would love to hear others thoughts on this subject. Perhaps you have a point I haven't thought of, I'd like to hear it, go ahead change my mind :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home